[Kde-pim] Android and KDE-PIM

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Sat Jul 11 11:32:38 BST 2009

2009/7/11 Andrew Mason <slackmase2 at gmail.com>:
> I don't mind using gmail for public mailing lists but i don't really
> want to trust google with any of my contacts or calendar details :) I
> guess for now i just don't sync with anything.

I'd seriously advise not getting an Android phone then. You can't plug
in a new contact system or calendar system easily, you could only
write a calendar application that doesn't interface with any other
application. You need a Google account to even sign into the phone
when you first get it. You can't keep any phone numbers in the phones
address book without having them synced to Google Contacts.
Effectively, you'll be getting something totally useless as a phone.

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/