[Kde-pim] Fixing D-Bus interfaces as we go

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jul 13 21:00:10 BST 2009

On Monday 13 July 2009, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> D-Bus interfaces do not support overloading, so each method name has
> to be unique! [2]

How lame!

> [2] By design, most likely because not all languages support that

I'd say, it's more likely not supported because C does not support it.
The "designers" probably were so accustomed to creating unique function
names for similar functions with different sets of arguments that they
simply "forgot" that something useful like overloading exists.

Regards,
Ingo