[Kde-pim] [Korganizer-devel] printing access to koprefs

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Jan 12 13:22:47 GMT 2009

Ron,

Please use the kde-pim mailing list for discussion.
The korganizer-devel list is really only for bugs use.

On Monday 12 January 2009 12:02:05 am Ron Goodheart wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm looking for some help on what would be the right way to get some
> additional information for printing.
>
> There is a preference that defines the color of an overdue ToDo item that I
> would like to access when printing the Todo. However my attempt to add
> 'koprefs.h' failed.
> "error: koprefs_base.h: No such file or directory".

You'll find that in the top-level korganizer build dir.

> This header file is generated and does exist in my build directory under
> <build>/korganizer.
>
> For instance, I was trying to use
> "KOPrefs::instance()->todoOverdueColor()".

There is currently no way to access the KOrganizer global preferences from
within the print subsystem.  This is due to a cyclical dependency of the libraries.
IIRC, we need a refactoring.  Perhaps now in 4.3 would be a good time to finally
make this refactoring happen.

> Is there something else I need to do or access this information in another
> way?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I can't think of any better idea than the refactoring I describe above.
It may be as simple as breaking the koprefs out into its own little library.

Do you want to do that?

-Allen