[Kde-pim] [Korganizer-devel] printing access to koprefs

Ron Goodheart rong.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 01:29:24 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:

> Ron,
>
> Please use the kde-pim mailing list for discussion.
> The korganizer-devel list is really only for bugs use.
>
> On Monday 12 January 2009 12:02:05 am Ron Goodheart wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm looking for some help on what would be the right way to get some
> > additional information for printing.
> >
> > There is a preference that defines the color of an overdue ToDo item that
> > would like to access when printing the Todo. However my attempt to add
> > 'koprefs.h' failed.
> > "error: koprefs_base.h: No such file or directory".
> >
> You'll find that in the top-level korganizer build dir.
>
> > This header file is generated and does exist in my build directory under
> > <build>/korganizer.
> >
> > For instance, I was trying to use
> > "KOPrefs::instance()->todoOverdueColor()".
> >
> There is currently no way to access the KOrganizer global preferences from
> within the print subsystem.  This is due to a cyclical dependency of the
> libraries.
> IIRC, we need a refactoring.  Perhaps now in 4.3 would be a good time to
> finally
> make this refactoring happen.
>
> > Is there something else I need to do or access this information in
> another
> > way?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> I can't think of any better idea than the refactoring I describe above.
> It may be as simple as breaking the koprefs out into its own little
> library.
>
> Do you want to do that?
>
> -Allen

The refactoring does sound like a good idea. I'm willing to do this but want
to kill off a few more of the printing problems first. I wouldn't be hurt if
someone else wanted to do it before I can get to it. The bug this would fix
is pretty minor compared to some still outstanding but would apply more
broadly once done.

-Ron