[Kde-pim] KDEPIM Review Board

Jonathan Marten jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:02:54 GMT 2009

>> On Thursday 29 January 2009 00:41:09 Allen Winter wrote:
>> > We now have our own group for submitting and reviewing patches on
>> > ReviewBoard.
>> >
>> > reviewboard.kde.org
>> >
>> > Please use this service from now on for submitting (non-trivial) patches
>> > for all kdepim and kdepimlibs code.
>> >
>> > Obviously our core developers continue working as they always have.
>> > Reviewboard is mainly for contributed patches, or for patches we'd
>> > like to discuss among ourselves.
>> >
>> > Please let's try to keep patches on ReviewBoard instead of our inboxes or
>> > bko.

Allen, this is a completely new facility (at least, I can't remember
any mention of reviewboard on kde-pim or any other ML until your
message today).  So would you be able to explain a bit more as to
whether reviewboard is intended to replace bugs.kde.org, or supplant
it?  For example:

(a) End user finds a problem, or has a wish.  Presumably they submit a
bug using bko as previously.

(b) Knowledgeable user or casual/part-time developer finds a problem
or has a wish, and develops a patch to fix.  Do they submit this to
reviewboard only, or should a bko bug be raised as well?  I'm guessing
the latter, because some of the reviewboard requests refer to bko
bugs.

(c) Someone finds that something in a PIM application isn't working as
they expect, but they are not sure if it is working as designed or
where in KDE the problem really lies.  Can they ask on the kde-pim ML?

I'm sure the review system will work, I'd just like to be sure how it
should be used...

Regards, Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk