[Kde-pim] [kdepim-users] KDE 4.2 KPilot coming! (how to both be excited and have realistic expectations)

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jan 27 13:36:29 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009, Roland Baum wrote:
> possibly solving this, by "remembering" by akonadi which application
> requested one resource within the last X <time period> and just tell this
> application(s) that data has been changed ?
> this could be a compromise between telling "all" applications that data has
> been changed and "tell all applications that data has been changed if you
> didn't told them within the last X <timeperiod>" ?

Let me try to rephrase:

It is not about telling, because the moment the data is changed, i.e. written
to disk, the very moment everyone working with that file gets notified
anyway.

The problem is the delay between data changing in Akonadi and data changing in
the file.
A D-Bus signal telling other applications "haha, I have a data change but not
letting you have it yet", doesn't improve anything.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring