[Kde-pim] SLOX KCal resource question

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jan 18 20:16:38 GMT 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Sunday 18 January 2009 13:46:03 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > one of the backtraces attached to a bug report about a resource bridge
> > crash indicated that the calendar resource plugin for SLOX would for some
> > reason also access the standard addressbook.
>
> If I remember correctly, the calendar loaded the addressbook to get user id
> mappings which were needed in the calendar, but retrieved from the server
> via the addressbook resource. I think the addressbook resource wrote a
> custom entry to allow that.
>
> This was a long time ago, so I might be wrong, or the code also might have
> completely changed since then.

Hmm.
I think I saw something like that in the groupwise resources, mapping
attendees of a meeting to addressees.
But there it actually accessed the addressbook using findByEmail() or
something like that.

The thing that puzzled me here is that there seems to be no other occurence of
the StdAddressBook being used, e.g. no access to other addressbook API.

Anway. As long as we cannot safely determine why the access is in there we
cannot just remove it without risking a regression.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring