[Kde-pim] how to sync akonadi resources (laptop <-> PC)?

Juergen Spitzmueller j.spitzmueller at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 12:28:32 GMT 2009

Hi,

what is the recommended way nowadays to keep PIM data (on a laptop and a
desktop computer) in sync?

In the pre-akonadi days, I have simply included the *.ics and *.vcs files in
the general synchronization process (performed with unison). This worked
rather well, but obviously, it does not do so anymore.

I have tried to sync the contents of ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi,
which sometimes worked, but more often than not crashed the akonadi server
and forced me to completely reset it.

My queries for documentation and hints on this issue were unsuccessful.
I'd appreciate your input, since it is pretty crucial for me to get this up
and running again.

Thanks,
Jürgen