[Kde-pim] Google PIM Support

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 22:57:59 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 20:45:47 Mike Arthur wrote:

> If so, awesome, I might help this guy with his implementation. I'm vaguely
> tempted to try and write our own pure-Qt implementation of the API (as it
> would be useful for plasmoids and could be extended to a great scope than
> libgcal).

I would also be interested in a native implementation for accessing the Google
Data APIs. I think it would worth the effort to implement something with a
great Qt/KDE API and with kio_http as transport, so it integrates with the
platform. This would not only get the checkmark for the feature, but also
provide a great way to get access to Google APIs in KDE apps.

On top of such an API it would be easy to implement Akonadi resources,
plasmoids or whatever else is needed or interesting.