[Kde-pim] Google PIM Support

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Feb 22 12:48:37 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009 20:45:47 Mike Arthur wrote:
> > If so, awesome, I might help this guy with his implementation. I'm
> > vaguely tempted to try and write our own pure-Qt implementation of the
> > API (as it would be useful for plasmoids and could be extended to a great
> > scope than libgcal).
>
> I would also be interested in a native implementation for accessing the
> Google Data APIs. I think it would worth the effort to implement something
> with a great Qt/KDE API and with kio_http as transport, so it integrates
> with the platform. This would not only get the checkmark for the feature,
> but also provide a great way to get access to Google APIs in KDE apps.
>
> On top of such an API it would be easy to implement Akonadi resources,
> plasmoids or whatever else is needed or interesting.

Adenilson is actually considering a rewrite/new implementation of libgcal
based on Qt after having read about the new XPath stuff coming in 4.5.
He talked to me about that on IRC.

I guess helping him with that and/or the resource will be quite appreciated.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring