[Kde-pim] partial success

paai J.J.Paijmans at uvt.nl
Tue Feb 10 08:20:17 GMT 2009

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:37 AM, paai <J.J.Paijmans at uvt.nl> wrote:
>
>> Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:10 AM, paai <J.J.Paijmans at uvt.nl> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi there again! =:)
>>>

>> We are getting somewhere!
>>
>> I was focussed on the syncing of Datebook and Korganizer, because that was
>> what I needed before all. A moment ago I had the idea of totally removing
>> the Treo-user from .kde/share/apps/korganizer, and that did the trick!
>>
>> Then I tried backup and syncing of memos (Mymemos/Unfiled) and
>> Todos. These things work.
>>
>> The only problem is contacts / kabc. That still  gives a signal 6. Could
>> this
>> be caused by the fact that some of the names begin with a space (a dirty
>> trick to get  them first in the list)?
>>
>> Anyway, I can use my Treo, and I want to thank you and the team very
>> much!
>>

> Heh. Glad to hear it! If you are seeing a crash in KPilot, PLEASE open
> a bug report for it on bugs.kde.org. I don't want to leave any open
> problems in KPilot, no matter how unconventional the use case that
> caused it. =:)

Well, this morning I checked korganizer on the PC, and all
information was gone again and kpilot returned to its
old behaviour :-(

I would enter a bugreport, but really, I would not know how
to describe this behaviour, because I cannot really find a
pattern in it.

What I will do tonight: wipe the partition and re-install
Kubuntu. Then I am absolutely certain that nowhere a trace of
conflicting information is left (although I used find and
locate to check for suspect kpilot, conduit and akonadi files).

--
Dr. J.J. Paijmans
Tilburg University: Dept. of Linguistics & AI              013-4662693