[Kde-pim] KOrganizer Akonadi Porting

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Feb 14 10:17:16 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Friday 13 February 2009 20:46:42 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> do we have any plans how to proceed with KOrganizer's porting to Akonadi?

I'm not aware of detailed plans yet, but it's probably time to think about
it ;-)

> KAddressBook is taken care of by Tobias through development on the new
> application, so I wondered whether someone as bad in calendaring as me
> could be of any help with KOrganizer.

Well, there is quite some common infrastructure which is largely
calendar-independent. The current resource view for example, we also need
that in KAddressbook/KContactManager (the collection model is a good start
but not feature equivalent yet I think). Assuming we want to keep that
instead of only showing the content of a single selected folder, we also need
a corresponding item model (Stephen has that mostly finished I think,
somewhere in playground). Completing the standard actions would be another
task which could benefit all Akonadi apps. I'm sure we can find more stuff
that doesn't require hardcore KCal knowledge.

regards
Volker