[Kde-pim] kmail scary behaviour

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Feb 7 12:35:57 GMT 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009, Dag Nygren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just had problems with my IMAP account here and did a rebuild of the
> IMAP mailbox indexes (command mixrbld).
> Now starting kmail and selecting my inbox kmail first list the emails
> in there OK, but then goes on removing older
> mails from the shown list. Altogether removed 1000 emails out of 3000

The IMAP UID of those old messages has probably changed and therefore
KMail removed them because it thought they were gone. And it didn't
rediscover the old messages because they are not flagged as NEW.

I suggest to delete KMail's index files for your IMAP inbox. You can
find it under
  ~/.kde(4?)/share/apps/kmail/imap/.<some number>.directory/
Remove the files:
.INBOX.index* (several index files)
INBOX (cache of the message headers)

> (Yes I know I shouldn't keep that many in the inbox...

I have more messages in my inbox.

Regards,
Ingo