[Kde-pim] how to sync akonadi resources (laptop <-> PC)?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Feb 6 12:07:41 GMT 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009 12:43:11 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2009, Volker Krause wrote:
> > >
> > > Since the automatic migration, I did some manual changes (I stuck with
> > > KDE 4.1 on the laptop for a while and erroneously assumed I cannot use
> > > the akonadi resources on either machine then), so it was most likely me
> > > who chose the wrong resource, not the migration tool.
> >
> > Kevin, what do you think about blacklisting some old resources in the
> > compat bridge or at least add a warning that points to the native
> > resources? There are more people with such a setup apparently, see eg.
> > bug 183286.
>
> I am would be cautious with blacklisting in the sense of removing the
> ability to use those plugins, but I think we can definitely improve the UI.

Right, we probably want to keep that for testing the compat bridges at least.

> The first page of the assistant dialog should probably explain
> that "traditional" does not mean that it's the only way to access the old
> data.

Maybe "traditional" should be changed to "legacy" or "deprecated" to make it
more obvious that it's not the first choice?

> The page where the plugin selection is could have a filter which hides the
> plugin where we have native resources for but allow the users to see them
> if they explicitly deactivate the filter. Probably with some "Don't show
> again" warning.

Sounds good.

> That bug looks weird in any case, no idea why the file plugin would try to
> access these non-exisiting files if that's not what its config says.

Right, probably unrelated to the compat bridge, I just noticed it's such a
setup as well.

regards
Volker