[Kde-pim] Google PIM Support

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 19:45:47 GMT 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 19:29:22 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> An Akonadi resource for this is already in development, see
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/pim/googledata/. If you use the
> Akonadi/KResource bridge, you can already use that in
> KAddressbook/KOrganizer. Maybe you can help out there with development?
> AFAIK there are still some bits missing.
> The guy developing this is Savago on #akonadi, IIRC.
Hmm, looks interesting. It's using a library called libgcal which is written
in C and supports only the contacts/calendar (as far as I can tell)
(http://code.google.com/p/libgcal/).

 Does KDE currently depend on libxml and/or libcurl? Would adding a libgcal
(optional) dependency be reasonable for this later?

If so, awesome, I might help this guy with his implementation. I'm vaguely
tempted to try and write our own pure-Qt implementation of the API (as it
would be useful for plasmoids and could be extended to a great scope than
libgcal).

Thoughts?

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk/