[Kde-pim] kmail handbook

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Dec 22 21:57:08 GMT 2009

A Dimarts 22 Desembre 2009 21:36:11, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> Am Dienstag, 22. Dezember 2009 21:59:13 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > >
> > >   So I should stop translating documentation .po files and write wiki
> > > instead? Will information from wiki (userbase) be copied into
> > > "ApplicationQQQ handbook (F1)" and distributed with KDE packages?
> >
> > This is the wrong forum to discuss this question. The discussion needs
> > to happen on the mailing list of the documentation team
> > (kde-doc-english).
>
> I don't aggree with you as translator/doc writer.
>
> Tomas Straupis raised a valid question, which I had in mind since thorstens
> mail saying "user documentation should go to userbase.kde.org".
>
> So here is my "official" question from kde-i18n-doc at kde.org:
>
> Is it true that "user documentation should go to userbase.kde.org"?
> Does that mean no documentation in kdepim/docs anymore?
>
> Should the docs in kdepim be removed in favor of userbase?
>
> Should the translation teams stop working on the translation of
>  kdepim/docs?

It is as far as i understand responsability of the kdepim developers to decide
what they want to use to create user documentation for their programs, but
they should take into account that while wiki might be easier to edit (though
i'm not sure the problem with documentation is easy of edition, i'd just vote
for lack of manpower) it is totally a pain in the ass to translate (basically
it's impossible to do it in a structured way) so basically if you go to wiki
you are going to an english centric solution.

> I'd really like to her an statement from the kdepim devels on this isssue,
>  I hate to waste the time of our translation teams.

Yes wasting the few time our translators have is not good.

> CC'ing the translation coordinator Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>

Thanks for adding me into the loop,
  Albert