[Kde-pim] Proposal for a new pim application

Dr. Robert Marmorstein robert at narnia.homeunix.com
Thu Dec 10 09:35:12 GMT 2009

> No, the web page doesn't give current information. There is development on
> a KDE 4 version and there is a git repository at gitorius. The basket team
> just needs help! ;-)

We're working on the website.... we've been discussing who will maintain the
new site on basket-devel.

We are planning to release a new (KDE 4) version very soon -- we have one
major "blocker" we need to solve first.  I just patched two of the other
significant outstanding issues tonight.....  I think (one of the patches needs
a little code review).

Akonadi/Nepomuk porting has been put on hold for a bit.  We need to
restructure some things to make it easier to factor all the important
information out into a form that can easily be exported/cached.  We want to
get the new release out the door first, and then we will worry about that.

It would be nice to have a developer's meeting (even just on IRC) some time to
talk about a common "notes" format that would allow KNotes, basKet, and any
other note application to share data.  I think there was some discussion here
about doing that (a month or two ago?) but I'm unsure if anything came of
that.  BasKet supports a lot of weird stuff (like custom tags, hierarchical
notes, embedded sound and video, internal hyperlinks...) that other
applications probably don't use or need.  It would be nice if the "common
message" mimetype could support some (or all) of those features.

Robert