[Kde-pim] kmail tags

Christopher Brown c-b at asu.edu
Wed Dec 16 05:44:19 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have a new pc that I installed kubuntu karmic on, and in setting up kmail, I
decided to go with a disconnected IMAP account (I had been using a standard
IMAP account).

I tried copying the tag files (index and index.ids files) over to the new
installation, but it didn't work. Is there a way to do this?

Alternatively, it would be great to be able to export the tag information, for
example, by writing the message ids to a file for all messages that have a
particular tag. I don't see a way to do that. If I could filter on tags, that
would work along with the 'pipe through' action (I understand that in 4.4,
applying tags within filters will work). Any ideas?