[Kde-pim] Akonadi + LDAP: changes not saved to LDAP server

Robin Atwood robin at binro.org
Wed Dec 9 14:47:08 GMT 2009

I have all my addresses in an LDAP server which I access from kaddressbook.
Now with KDE4 I access LDAP via akonadi and, after some early problems, this
seems to work OK. However, I have several times noticed that after making
changes to an entry, at some later time I notice the change has reverted.
There was a power-cut last night causing a reboot and again I noticed a recent
update had disappeared.

So I carried out a very simple experiment. In kaddressbook I select the
Akonadi->LDAP address book and change one entry. I then save the change and
restart kaddressbook and view the entry via Akonadi and the change is still
there. I then deselect the Akonadi->LDAP view and select the direct LDAP
address book and the change is gone. So my conclusion is that changes go into
some akonadi cache but never make it to the LDAP server. Is this some little
restriction I was not aware of or a rather large oversight?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling