[Kde-pim] Akonadi::FileStore

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Dec 27 23:35:57 GMT 2009

On Sunday, 2009-12-20, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> There are currently two store implementations, one for testing a "parsing
>  on demand" approach for VCards (subdirectory mappedvcard) and one for
>  testing delivery of "full" items in the sense of with flags and attributes
>  (subdirectory augmented mbox).
>
> Both have QTest based example usage code in filestore/tests
>
> I haven't decided yet whether I want to try a "streaming" store or a
>  "multiple collections" store next.

I did a "multiple collections" store next, subdirectory "augmentedmaildir"
(basically a maildir tree with additional files for item flags and
attributes).

Since my initial use case was better abstraction for resources I also added a
resource base which implements all the Akonadi/Store interaction and so far
two store specific subclasses (for mappedvcard and augmentedmbox) which
basically instantiate the respective store class and "compact" the store file
at appropriate times.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring