[Kde-pim] KDE/kdepim/kalarm (location of akonadi resource code)

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Sat Aug 29 13:57:24 BST 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 18:51:45 Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 27 August 2009 20:11:16 David Jarvie wrote:
> > SVN commit 1016389 by djarvie:
> >
> > Implement KAlarm akonadi resource.
> >

> >  M  +1 -0      CMakeLists.txt
> >  A             akonadi (directory)
> >  A             akonadi/CMakeLists.txt
> >  A             akonadi/akonadi_serializer_kalarm.desktop
> >  A             akonadi/kalarmmimetypevisitor.h   [License: GPL (v2+)]
> >  A             akonadi/kalarmresource.cpp   [License: GPL (v2+)]
> >  A             akonadi/kalarmresource.desktop
> >  A             akonadi/kalarmresource.h   [License: GPL (v2+)]
> >  A             akonadi/kalarmresource.kcfg
> >  A             akonadi/settings.kcfgc
>
> This commit will break the Kalarm packaging. The kdepim apps are packaged
> in a kdepim tarball while kdepim/akonadi is packaged in the kdepim-runtime
> tarball.
>
> The solution actually is to move the akonadi resource to the appropriate
> location: kdepim/akonadi/resource seems to be the wisest choice.

The KAlarm akonadi resource depends on a KAlarm shared library. Presumably
moving the resource to kdepim/akonadi/resource would require the library to be
moved as well. I don't feel partcularly happy about moving such code out of
the KAlarm directory, since it is very much part of KAlarm and is not specific
to the akonadi resource.

I'm copying this to the kde-pim list as well for comments.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.