[Kde-pim] Glossary

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Aug 24 19:12:45 BST 2009

On Saturday 22 August 2009 13:49:13 k6dedijon at free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
Hello, K6.  This list is really for questions relating to kde-pim.  You might
like to join kde at mail.kde.org or kde-linux at kde.org where you will find lots of
useful information.

> Why SVN is not in your glossary ?
> I am a beggining user.
> Sory for my English
> K6

Your English is quite understandable, so don't be afraid to post questions,
once you've subscribed to the more general list.

> In French
> Bonjour,
> Je suis d�butant sous Linux et ne conna�t que peu de choses.
> Votre paquet kdepim semble vouloir aider les utilisateurs d�butant et
> m'int�resse.
> Je suis surpris de ne pas trouver SVN ou SVN checkout dans votre glossaire.
> Bien cordialement,
> K6 de Dijon

SVN and SVN checkout are concerned with the development cycle.  They are used
by developers, and by people who want to be very early testers of a particular
package.  There is a lot of information on techbase.kde.org about them, but
it's not very helpful to ordinary users.  Userbase aims to help users settle
in to KDE4 and learn about the applications that are available to them.

I'll look forward to seeing more of your questions on one of the general user
lists.

Anne