[Kde-pim] Can we pick a new name for the new KAddressBook?

Kara Black grrlzrule at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 05:40:30 BST 2009

> On Friday 24 April 2009 7:03:58 pm Kara Black wrote:

> > Can we??
> >
> > Whatever the name could be, are we meant to decide name changes in this
> > forum?
> >
> The kde-pim mailing list is where all important developer decisions are
> made.
> Where else would you expect this to be decided?

Like I said in my OP, just curious.  I've never worked on KDE before so I'm
just trying to learn the ropes.  To me, it feels a little odd for developers
to make naming decisions.  Is there any marketing input available, or do you
just take a vote off the mailing list?

Well here's my brain fart on it:  I always thought the address book should
be called Kontacts, which sounds more like an address book than a PIM
(Kontact).  But then we're renaming two programs instead of just one.  I
also liked Kaddy but I'm not sure how many would "get it".  If Kontacts was
used for the address book, then the PIM would have to be renamed... KIM?
KDE Information Manager.  Sorta lame.  Koordinator?  Kompanion?

--blackie