[Kde-pim] kdepim support for google calendar and contacts

Adenilson Cavalcanti savagobr at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 21:28:33 BST 2009

Jason

> Really nice work, Adenilson! I'm excited about this!
> =;)

Thanks for your comments.

> > What is missing:
> > - support for hosted accounts
> > - support recurrent events

The first one will require some extra logic in libgcal to get the domain name from the username (e.g. user at whatever.com) and use that as a base for doing the requests when getting the atom feeds. For while, the URLs are fixed to default google account in libgcal internal_gcal.h file.

But in *theory* should be easy to implement (I'm just lacking the time to do it).

Recurrent events are a little more tricky, since google calendar uses an invalid iCalendar to represent recurrence (uses only the time/duration part of it). Currently, libgcal already extracts the iCalendar field (gd:recurrence) from atom feed.

More information here:
http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/docs/2.0/developers_guide_protocol.html#CreatingRecurring

There are 2 alternatives to handle that:
a) parse the invalid iCalendar and get the recurrence rule (time/duration/etc). I did that for opensync plugin using XSLT.

OR

b) Fill the missing data in the string to make it a valid iCalendar.

Any other question, feel free to contact me (a.k.a. Savago on freenode).

Best regards

Adenilson