[Kde-pim] [GSoC] KMail-sieve application

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 15:11:52 BST 2009

Hi Adam,

On Thursday 02 April 2009 01:38:00 Adam Czachorowski wrote:
> Better late than never...
> I've decided to apply for GSoC again this year. This year I'd like to work
> on sieve filters integration in KMail.
>
> I've put draft version of my application at:
>  http://gislan.utumno.pl/gsoc-kmail-draft-0.2.txt
> Please forgive me any typos and spelling mistakes, I'll try fix them in
> next version.
>
> I'd really appreciate any comments or suggestions. I'm also not sure what
> else would my possible mentors want to know, so let me know if you'd like
> to see more informations on any part of the project

Sorry for the late reply, I was away. This application generally looks good.
If it gets accepted, you'll probably have to coordinate with Szymon Stefanek
(Pragma), he's doing the Akonadi filtering project. Both projects need to have
the filter editing, and I suggest you both work together on extracting the
filtering code from KMail and putting it into a library, so that it can be
used for Akonadi, for the Sieve editor and later for the POP3 resource.

Regards,
Thomas