[Kde-pim] KMail System Tray Idea

ComputerDruid computerdruid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 05:05:38 BST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 23:57:12 Abner Silva wrote:
> Welcome onboard =)
Thanks

> Actually you can already do something similar to it just editing the
> folder's properties and using the option "Act on new/unread mail". So that
> way you can choose which folder will reflect its new mails on tray.
This is what I was looking for. Its very hidden away, however. I wonder if
there should be any relation between this setting and the favorite folders
designation, since the latter is more visible and they seem to be similar in
nature.

> The "All Mail" issue (I consider it as an issue when using gmail with imap)
> you can solve, again, editing the 'Local Subscription" of you gmail
> account. There you can choose which folder you wanna subscribe/watch to. So
> just unmark All Mail's folder and you'll avoid downloading duplicated mails
> from your gmail account.
The problem with this approach is that I can't then read the mails in this
folder when I go looking for things, or move things into this folder when I no
longer want them in my inbox.
--
-ComputerDruid