[Kde-pim] Akonadi resource in ruby

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sat Sep 6 13:40:16 BST 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008 11:59:06 Horacio Sanson wrote:
> I am trying to write a Google akonadi contact resource (for learning
> purposes) but parsing the XML (Atom) responses I get from google is a
> little difficult for me in C++.
>
> So a few questions:
>
> - Is it possible to write akonadi resources in Ruby?? I find easier to
> write ruby code than C++

In theory yes. There are Ruby bindings for Akonadi in the kdebindings module.
However, they still need some work. I really would like to see a non-C++
resource, for testing and demonstration of the bindings though :)

> - If not are there KDE libraries that can ease the interaction with
> Google API?? i.e. network connection, authentication and xml parsing
> generation?
> - How do I set a password field in the  kcfg??

We usually don't store passwords in config files but use KWallet instead.
Since that is not covered by KConfigXT one has to do that part manually.

regards
Volker