[Kde-pim] Introducing kReMail

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Sep 2 18:42:05 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 18:33:32 PM +0100, Thomas Gillespie wrote:
> > Let's suggest this then as food for thought: could your app be
> > modified to have also a "file manager" mode, that is have it scan,
> > ocr, save original and text version together in one disk folder, all
> > with one command? Would it make sense as an _addition_ / enhancement
> > to what you're doing?
>
> Oh right I understand now, I never thought about it that way. Yea it
> could be modified relatively easily to save to a folder rather than
> Akonadi for things like this, all the saving happens in one
> function. Seems a bit messy splitting it up into different files
> though, is there a cleaner way?

personally, I haven't the faintest idea. I always look around for
better ways to organize my digital stuff, that's why I stepped in, but
honestly I haven't looked at the code at all and don't even know when
I may do it or if I'd even be able to mess with it. It just was a bit
of brainstorming around a virtual fireplace. I'm glad you find the
suggestion worthwhile.

Ciao,
			Marco

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84