[Kde-pim] Introducing kReMail

Thomas Gillespie tomjamesgillespie at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:33:32 BST 2008

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 11:17:58 M. Fioretti wrote:
> the sense of the question is that there are many documents one may
> want to scan and index that are not mail of any kind, that is things
> one may find much more natural/intuitive to store and see inside a
> file manager, not a mail client (magazine clips, contracts, what
> else?). I'm not criticizing your work, mind you, just thinking out
> loud about how and which of *my* paper documents I would like to save
> as (e) mail, and what to do with the others.
>
> Let's suggest this then as food for thought: could your app be
> modified to have also a "file manager" mode, that is have it scan,
> ocr, save original and text version together in one disk folder, all
> with one command? Would it make sense as an _addition_ / enhancement
> to what you're doing?

Oh right I understand now, I never thought about it that way. Yea it could be
modified relatively easily to save to a folder rather than Akonadi for things
like this, all the saving happens in one function. Seems a bit messy splitting
it up into different files though, is there a cleaner way?

And I don't take it as criticism :-) any comments are welcome

Thanks

Tom