[Kde-pim] Fwd: [Freeassociation-devel] libical 0.32 has been released

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 23:11:04 BST 2008

On Monday 01 September 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> FYI.
>
> This means I will start the process to eliminate our local fork of
> libical. I'll probably give everyone until 1 October until the
> freeassocation version is required.
>
> Step 1: I'll ask the distros to package this.
> Step 2: I'll add a check with a reminder (1 Oct) into the
> kdepimlibs/CMakeLists.txt
> Step 3: I'll merge in my work branch, with
> the new hard requirement.

For several releases (KDE 3.3 -- KDE 3.5) we had a copy of libgpgme (and
the related libgpg-error) named libgpgme-copy to avoid a name clash in
kdepim to make life easier for the developers since gpgme was not yet
packaged by all distros.

I suggest to take the same approach with libical because it will take
probably a year before libical is packaged by all important distros and
even then it will only be packaged in their latest releases.

Regards,
Ingo