[Kde-pim] feature request (system tray)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Oct 9 20:06:13 BST 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008, Neal Becker wrote:
> I have _lots_ of mail lists, each in different folders.
>
> I'd like to have a function to display something in the system tray,
> if there are unread mails in _particular_ folders (namely, those that
> are of immediate interest to me).
>
> Some kind of flashing icon, like kopete has, maybe?

If you disable the "Act on new/unread mail in this folder" option for
all but the folders that are of immediate interest to you, then you
will only be notified about new mail in the interesting folders and the
system tray will only show the number of unread messages in those
interesting folders.

If this does not suit your needs then please file your feature request
at bugs.kde.org. Feature requests submitted by email tend to be
forgotten, but feature requests filed at bugs.kde.org will stay.

Regards,
Ingo