[Kde-pim] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

Peter777 peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 17 09:21:38 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Further to this question about having seperate email boxes.

I noticed in the Kmail options, the following ..

  --config <filename>       Use alternative configuration file

If I had (say) 4 different email boxes as follows:

* friends   -  the email box resides  in ~/Mail/friends
* business   -  the email box resides  in ~/Mail/business
* other1   -  the email box resides  in ~/Mail/other1
* other2   -  the email box resides  in ~/Mail/other2

then could I do this by simply having 4 kmailrc config files, one for each
email box, appropriately named (say):

kmailrc_friends
kmailrc_business
kmailrc_other1
kmailrc_other2

and then when I run Kmail, it would be of the format

$ kmail --config kmailrc_friends
(etc,etc)

Would this work ?  has anyone else tried to do this sort of thing.

Peter