[Kde-pim] frequent kmail crashes in listview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 25 22:52:15 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 14:07:39 Thomas McGuire wrote:
>   Hi,

> > > It is animated for me as well, when expanding/collapsing items, this
> > > could have been a recent KStyle change in kdelibs.
> >
> > I have a trivial example that reproduces this bug out of KMail.
> > I guess this should go to qt-bugs...
>
> Yes, please report to Trolltech. Another highly visible crash in Qt it
> seems:(
>
> Make sure you remove the "par->setExpanded(...)" line before sending it in,
> since that causes a segfault before the real assert is triggered.
> The style used for this doesn't seem to matter.

I took the informal route (irc) and Gof sent me the attached patch which fixes
the problem for me. It'll be in the next Qt snapshots, and I'll shortly commit
it to qt-copy as well.

Thanks everyone for helping sorting this out. Now I can remove kmail again
from my panel since I don't have to restart it every 3 minutes :)
--
sebas