[Kde-pim] Fwd: Re: KDE 4.2 Toolbars

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 12 23:31:46 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> Nuno Pinheiro schrieb:
> > Well some time ago I sudgested to Celeste  that we should use in the
> > thoolbars text along side icons instead of text under icons. Couse:
> > [...]
> > 2 Saves precious vertical space.
>
> That is true, but keep in mind that if you do not run your apps in
> fullscreen horizontal space becomes more important. I would have to try
> it if there are apps where that would pose a problem.
>
> One would be the German version of Akregator, because of the long text:

or one could fix the toolbars in Akrgator to be more sensible, e.g.:

New Feed:
	i hate that word "Feed" btw, it's total jargon; how about "Add News Source"?
	if it wasn't for akregator-in-kontact, i'd even suggest removing this from
the toolbar altogether

Fetch Feed:
	Check for Updates

Fetch All Feeds ... hur what? no, mimic KMail here: have one button with a
drop down that lists the individual feeds in it, and have the default click
action to be all feeds

Abort Fetches: wtf? the stop button at the bottom of the window and a menu
entry  is enough .... this does *not* belong in a tool bar

What is This: another wtf. this so does not belong in the toolbar.

that would leave us with:

Add News Source
Check for Updates

i assume that even in german that would fit ;)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se

Aaron J. Seigo