[Kde-pim] Working 2-way sync between KDE PIM and PDA / Phone?

Gunter Ohrner G.Ohrner at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Nov 30 11:34:29 GMT 2008

Hi!

Sorry if this is an FAQ, I could not find any definitive information about
this topics current state so far. I'm happy about any pointers to
relevant documentation. I also already wrote to -users@ but got no
positive reply.

My WristPDA died and I'm currently looking for a new PDA or Smartphone.

I'm absolutely willing to choose my new device depending on how it works
together with KDE PIM.

Is there any device (or, even better, sync protocol) out there which
allows flawless bidirectional syncs of at least addresses and schedules?

In general the information I found (mainly on mailing lists) was not too
promising. :-(

I read that OpenSYNC will not be ready in time for KDE 4.2. Does this
effectively mean that there currently is no reliable sync solution and
there won't be for KDE 4.2? I also read that kpilot may be in shape for
KDE 4.2, so currently KDE 4.1 also cannot sync with Palms, but KDE 4.2
might?

Thanks a lot in advance for any answers!

Greetings,

  Gunter