[Kde-pim] Akonadi D-Bus interface renaming: remaining issues

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun May 18 14:34:41 BST 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Till Adam wrote:
> > On Saturday 10 May 2008 17:09:25 Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > > Therefore I'd like to ask for suggestions, probably something like
> > > org.freedesktop.Akonadi.UserInterface
> > > or
> > > org.freedesktop.Akonadi.WindowPeer
> >
> > WindowContext?
>
> I like this.
>
> In a comment to my blog about this topic, Aaron suggested to use
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.VisualNotifications since there are people working
> on a fdo spec using a similar name and we could probably switch to this
> once there are implementations available.
>
> So maybe we should split the two problem domains, i.e. one interface for
> the window context and one for the notifications and let the tray app
> implement both.

Since Tom needs to tag tomorrow, we should probably do this renaming today or
tomorrow morning.

Do we go for just a single interface, e.g.

org.freedesktop.Akonadi.WindowContext on object /WindowContext on service
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.WindowContext

or do we split the notification stuff into its own triple, assuming that
VisualNotification spec the KNotify guys are working on will become widely
used

or do we keep our own notification interface anyway and just add support for
the other one

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring