[Kde-pim] KCal::Calendar crash+fix

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon May 12 14:50:51 BST 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 May 2008 17:00:44 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> > Hi *
> >
> > While using the akonadi-dbus interface I did run into;
>
> Patch is ok.
> But I'm wondering why the ctor doesn't require a CalendarLocal argument?
> Else almost all the methods in this class need to check for mCalendar
> in this same way, because you can't assume the loadFile() method
> has been called prior.

Well, the ctor calls it, but its success can't be assured and it deletes the
calendar before loading a new one.

I guess all methods need to check the member since it being 0 indicates that
the resource is currently not operational and loadFile() needs to change the
resource's state to AgentBase::Broken

Since we changed the resource API quite often during/after the Berlin sprint
to get it right for long term stability, the resources most likely need to be
checked in detail if their current behaviorstill matches the behavior
expected by resources.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring