[Kde-pim] KMail and multiple KMMainWidgets

Szymon Stefanek s.stefanek at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:22:25 BST 2008

Hi all.

I'd like to gather some information and opinions about the KMail
multiple main windows feature ("Message"->"New Main Window" in the main menu).

Actually some parts of KMail do coherently support multiple KMMainWidget
instances while other code snippets hopelessly just pick up a random one.

The big question is now the future policy. Should we head towards porting
everything to multiple toplevel widgets or we're allowed to highly optimize
things by removing the support at all ?

So I'd like you to answer the following questions:

- Are you aware of anyone that is really using the multiple main windows ?

- Are you aware of any tecnical reasons for that there _must_ be multiple
  main window support ?

- Would you notice if we removed the support at all ?

--

Szymon Stefanek

-
- The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
-