[Kde-pim] Start of a Kontact::Plugin for KJots

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun May 18 10:09:50 BST 2008

Now that KJots is in kdepim, I'd like some more information on what I need
to do to get the Kontact Plugin functional.

The problems are:
1) using KStandardDirs::locate("appdata" ...) seems to use 'kontact' as the
app name rather than 'kjots', so it looks in the wrong location for kjots
files when attempting to load while running in kontact.

2) KJots should have only one instance running. Currently another instance
of it is started if the plugin is selected in kontact. The behaviour should
be the same as that of akregator. Don't start a new instance if it's
already running standalone.

So:
Do I need to write a dbus interface for kjots to solve these issues? As I
currently know zero about what dbus even is, I don't want to start doing
that unless it will actually solve these issues and is the only way.

If not dbus is there something else I'm missing from looking at the other
plugins that's making kjots look in the wrong location for books?

All the best,

Steve.