[Kde-pim] patch to use the emoticonslib in linklocator

Carlo brandon.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 13 09:27:43 BST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Tom Albers <tomalbers at kde.nl> wrote:
> Op dinsdag 13 mei 2008 01:31 schreef u:
>

> > Hi,
>  > I've made a patch to use the emoticons lib inside linklocator, the
>  > emoticons library is currently in kdereview and it will be moved to
>  > kdelibs before the hard feature freeze
>  >
>  > Carlo
>
>  Hi Carlo,
>
>  Thanks for the patch. It looks good to me, except for a two concerns.
>
>  1.
>  You moved the "if ( flags & ReplaceSmileys ) {" 20 lines down, why is that (did not pull up the actual code).
>
>  2.
>  In the pimemoticons.kcfg there are a lot of commented out emoticons. Did you verify that none of them becomes active again with the new library?
>
>  3.
>  Don't forget to remove -lkemoticons if needed.
>
>  4.
>  Please check coding style, I at least spotted a lack of space after a (
>
>  Overall: nice work and thank you. Can you commit it after the move to kdelibs? If that is before beta 1, please make sure this patch goes in as well before beta 1, so we can have some testing.
>
>  Best.
>
>  Toma

1)because KEmoticonsTheme::parseEmoticons parses the whole text, so I
have to move it out of the parse loop, the other way could be to just
copy the emoticonsMap from the theme into the one in linklocator and
leave the rest as it is
2)a theme may or may not have those emoticons, but yeah I've forgot to
exclude them too :P
3)yes that's just temporary
4)ok I'll look at that

yes I'll commit this after moving the lib into kdelibs on May 18th

Carlo