[Kde-pim] [patch] kmail: fix crashes and null messages

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Tue May 20 23:05:04 BST 2008

Thomas McGuire said the following, On 2008-05-20 23:00:

> On Monday 19 May 2008, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
>> Hello
>> An attempt to fix possible crashes and "null messages appearing in folders
>> like outbox"; for review.
> Seems fine to me, although I didn't test the changes yet.
> Just a few small things:
>
>> M    kmail/kmfolderindex.h
>>
>> * executes "DELETE FROM messages WHERE id=.." for every for messages
>>    with 0 serial number, especially for the outbox
>> * removed commented-out old impl.
> I didn't review this

The 'DELETE FROM' actions is good enough fix for a defect we wanted to nuke
early enough, before Linux Tag.
I've discussed this logic a bit with Till before implementing it.
Only 'completely' broken items are removed.
We'll want to find out a reason for their existence anyway.
Moreover, mmmap implementation (!Windows default) is unaffected.

>> * use K_GLOBAL_STATIC
>> * use value() to avoid inserting 0 values
>> * NetworkAccount::resetConnectionList(): use remove() instead of inserting
>>   0
> Any special reason you changed this from QMap to QHash?

It's my habit for porting to Qt4, backed by reasons described at
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qhash.html#details
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/containers.html#algorithmic-complexity

Here the data set is small, so if you prefer I can go back to QMap.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek