[Kde-pim] GSoC: Akonadi Resources for Google Bookmarks, Calendar, Contacts and Notebook

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Mar 23 22:52:52 GMT 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008, Bruno Virlet wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think you should also consider writing a kind of library allowing to
> access google api. It will be useful to factor your code and it could
> have other applications and be extended outside akonadi maybe (I don't
> know if google maps in digikam geolocalization plugin could benefic
> from it, or in marble maybe)

There will be a need to share the access things anyway between the proposed
resources, but I think time is better spent on making it work for Akonadi
than on creating a access library suitable for general usage.

Overall the proposal looks quite good, though the mentioned work on the client
application (e.g. KAddressBook) is not related right now, since the
applications are not using Akonadi yet and when they do they can work with
any resource.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring