[Kde-pim] imap in 3.5.9 branch

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Mar 6 19:10:42 GMT 2008

On Sunday 24 February 2008 15:03:03 Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Sonntag 24 Februar 2008 schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:
> > Kmail is working again ..but I can't change my sieve script :( it is only
> > the window and copy / paste the sieve script in ... ;) then I can change
> > the script and save it ?
>
> Hi,
>
> as I missed this thread I opened a new one. You can solve the cyrus sieve
> problems when you make this:
>
> Look at
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kioslaves/sieve/sieve.cpp?r1=
>688531&r2=696980 The whole patch breaks Cyrus sieve service and I had to
> change the code back to revision 688531 to make it work again.
>
> Maybe it helps to exchange only kio_sieve.so from a kdepim-3.5.8/7 based
> package of your distribution(?)

This has been fixed in all branches now, the latest sieve io slave should work
with older Cyrus versions (<2.3.11) that are not fully standard conform
(which was the default mode for kde <3.5.8) as well as with newer Cyrus
versions and other standard conform servers (which is what the above
mentioned patch implements).

regards
Volker