[Kde-pim] libakonadi-kde API questions

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 21:47:28 GMT 2008

Hej PIMsters,

although we had a lot of discussion in Berlin last weekend, there are
some small issues left with the API that need some further discussion:

1) The CollectionPathResolver is a private class now, unfortunately the
   'akonadi' client application in kdepim/akonadi/clients makes use of it,
    so I had to install the header file to <akonadi/private/collectionpathresolver_p.h>

    Any idea how to fix that? Is there a way to replace that functionality
    in 'akonadi'?

2) The types (e.g. Virtual, Folder, Resource etc.) in Collection should
   be dropped, however there is some code that still relies on them.
   How to port that?

3) The ItemModifyJob::setCollection() is only marked as deprecated, I
   guess that's because ItemSync still uses this job type instead of
   ItemMoveJob since it needs the storePayload() method?
   Can that be ported somehow?

4) The Monitor has the methods 'monitorItem/Collection/Resource/MimeType/All()'
   and we decided to add the methods 'unmonitorItem/...()'.
   However the word 'unmonitor' doesn't exists, so we should come up
   with something else. Aaron said that 'ignore' would be the
   counterpart of 'monitor', however ignoreItem() could be misleading
   here. Another propose was: monitorItem( Item, bool = true ).
   What do you think?

5) ItemSync currently has two setter methods where only one of the
   setter should be used for one object.
   The normal way to enforce that (and to be consistent with the other
   jobs), the ctor should take these values as additional arguments.
   However we'd have a ctor with 4 arguments then, too many IMHO.
   Any ideas?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!