[Kde-pim] libakonadi-kde API questions

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Mar 29 10:24:30 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> Hej PIMsters,
>
> although we had a lot of discussion in Berlin last weekend, there are
> some small issues left with the API that need some further discussion:
>
> 1) The CollectionPathResolver is a private class now, unfortunately the
>    'akonadi' client application in kdepim/akonadi/clients makes use of it,
>     so I had to install the header file to
> <akonadi/private/collectionpathresolver_p.h>
>
>     Any idea how to fix that? Is there a way to replace that functionality
>     in 'akonadi'?

I recommend we disable it for now, e.g. remove it from the parent directory's
CMakeLists.txt

I'll take it as a TODO for 4.2

So CollectionPathResolver does not need to be installed or its symbol
exported, at least not for now.

> 4) The Monitor has the methods
> 'monitorItem/Collection/Resource/MimeType/All()' and we decided to add the
> methods 'unmonitorItem/...()'.
>    However the word 'unmonitor' doesn't exists, so we should come up
>    with something else. Aaron said that 'ignore' would be the
>    counterpart of 'monitor', however ignoreItem() could be misleading
>    here. Another propose was: monitorItem( Item, bool = true ).
>    What do you think?

My suggestions is to do it like in the filter models, e.g.
addItemFilter/removeItemFilter/clearItemFIlters

> 5) ItemSync currently has two setter methods where only one of the
>    setter should be used for one object.
>    The normal way to enforce that (and to be consistent with the other
>    jobs), the ctor should take these values as additional arguments.
>    However we'd have a ctor with 4 arguments then, too many IMHO.
>    Any ideas?

We could move the collection to setCollection()

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring