[Kde-pim] [patch] Akregator: fix name of copied component data

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Mar 12 09:56:46 GMT 2008

Frank Osterfeld said the following, On 2008-03-12 07:50:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
>> For review,
>> XMLGUI uses the name of the component data for .rc files lookup,
>> so we need to fix name of copied component data from "akregatorpart" to
>> "akregator".
>
> Right now the .rc files are all specified manually IIRC. Also, using the
> component name of the part factory and "<appname>part" as name seems to be
> standard in PIM, so I'd like to keep it that way for consistency. Is your
> patch fixing a bug on windows?

It's platform-independen problem coming from direct usage of KPluginFactory
via K_EXPORT_PLUGIN.

Just noticed that second way of fixing things switching from "akregatorpart"
to "akregator" in

  K_EXPORT_PLUGIN(AkregatorFactory( "akregatorpart" ))

..fixes the issue even easier. Moreover, looks OK, as akregatorpart specified
here apparently has nothing to do with the library name, which is provided by
the service itself.

David, wouldn't the second fix introduce any hidden problem?

If that's OK, I'll be able to update all such uses of K_EXPORT_PLUGIN where
setComponentData() is used, including kaddressbook.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek