[Kde-pim] gdata support for calendar (bug #125952)

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 13:08:55 GMT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 02:37:55 David Smith wrote:
> *nod* The reason I mailed in the first place is that
> kdepimlibs/kblog/gdata_p.h and gdata.h seem to provide a pretty narrow
> interface to gdata suitable only for blogs. So, I want to make a more
> general gdata interface and then reuse it for kblog and also for akonadi /
> kresource so that Google calendars can be used directly from korganizer. I
> just don't know where the code should go, especially with regards to KDE
> 3.5.
I hope you don't mean you are planning on rewriting all of the GData's blog
stuff. That seems like a big waste of time to me, it should probably be used
as a base for your new code and then later modified.

In regards to 3.5, I'm fairly new but I'd be very surprised if this will be
backported as it is a completely new feature and it also isn't written yet
and by the time it is written and bugfixed then 4.1 will be looking very
near.

Mike Arthur