[Kde-pim] kmail - mail message window "rendering weirdness"

Jørn Fauske jf at sevenbricks.net
Thu Mar 20 11:31:05 GMT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 09:50:40 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 20 March 2008, Jørn Fauske wrote:

> Please update your KMail, that fixes the wordwrap problem :)

Will do, that was an annoying thing while writing the mail :-)

> KMail uses KHTML for message rendering. The problem is likely to be there,
> or in Qt, X or your graphic driver, but probably not in KMail, since the
> snapshot you took is OK.

Googling with Konqueror instead of Opera could have have given me the heads up
on this one.  At a first glimpse there are indeed some issues with rendering
of textareas/boxes at least (on my setup...  ).

> There are some known issues with strange scrolling artifacts in KDE/Qt in
> combination with some X/driver versions/configurations in general, but I
> don't know the details.

I'll try to find those details elsewhere :-)

>I would sit this out or try to change the X config file (disabling
>compositing extensions, using the 2D driver instead of the 3D one, ...)
>
> Sorry that I couldn't help more.

Your pointers are much appreciated, thanks a lot :-)

> Regards,
> Thomas

Best regards

Jørn Fauske
gpg-fingerprint: 5FFA A8A0 2B9A D1CC DC15 FC15 052B E414 72E9 7819