[Kde-pim] Text formatting stripped from text pasted into kmail composer.

Thomas McGuire Thomas.McGuire at gmx.net
Sat Mar 15 13:19:50 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Friday 14 March 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 13 March 2008, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > Attached the revised version of your patch. What do you think?
> > In my opinion it's ready to go into KDEPIM, not sure how we could
> > share this. Any ideas?
>
> Random comments:
>
> [SNIP]

Thans very much for the review. It showed me a lot of things I was either
unaware of or didn't pay much attention to. I'll fix those issues soon,
except the one below.

> Is it really necessary to make the dialog modal? If it is modal it will
> probably not be possible to copy the link from the message preview
> pane.
It is only modal to the composer. If it wasn't modal, the user could modify
the link in the composer while the dialog is shown, and that would result in
weird behavior when the user closes the dialog. Therefore, I think it should
stay modal, unless someone finds a clever way to deal with this (in
KMeditor::slotConfigureLink()).

Regards,
Thomas