[Kde-pim] Questions / Issues on Akonadi

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sun Mar 16 01:20:58 GMT 2008

I have a few questions about Akonadi, and with the upcoming Akonadi meeting, I
thought I'd list them for possible discussion. Most of these are in relation
to the openchange resource.

1. What policies apply to akonadi dependencies? In particular, which parts of
akonadi are allowed to depend on which parts of KDE?

2. How will Akonadi manage notes / todo items? I haven't seen any more detail
than "kcal".

3.  Is RSS / Atom feed management in scope for Akonadi?

4. How are async notifications of changes (from the server) supposed to be
handled? What will the application send to akonadi core, and what will
akonadi core send to the resource?

5. [More general form of item 4] Can I have some documentation on how data
gets moved around, please?

Brad